Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Celebrate Good Times Come On!

Okay, so I realized the other day I haven't written in my bloggedy-blog for about 2 weeks. I fell off the wagon! I had a few minutes before I start work this morning, so decided to talk about my party that's coming up!

My birthday's on Saturday! I'm so excited! I hope everyone's coming and the weather stays nice and we all have a good time. Brian has done a good job getting things organized, everything is mostly bought and the few things that aren't will get taken care of Friday. He took the day off work to party prep and the boys are coming down with the dead pig to stay the night. They'll start that pig first thing on Saturday morning! There is going to be plenty of food and drink for everyone. There's going to be the pig, obviously, and all the sides. Baked beans, hawaiian rice, 2 kinds of potatoes, fruit salad, (among others) and 4 different kinds of sauces for the pig. And Marcy is making me a cool luau themed cake. We rented a tent and tables. Our friend Chad is not going to be able to DJ as he had thought about doing, as he has to be out of town for a family party, but we'll have music outside, I'm sure. Brian reserved a keg of Labatt's Blue Light, and we have alcohol to make big containers of mai tais. We also have plenty of pop, water, and juice for the kids.

So, come one, come all, to the best party around! Can't wait to see some of my friends whom I haven't seen in a awhile, including frequent reader Miss April, and my friends from South Bend Kate and Paul (aka Katers and Paolo). And of course I'm always happy to see all my family and friends, and Brian loves throwing a party, so this was a great excuse!

See you all there, gotta go, work is starting!

2 comments:

April said...

Two more days!! Eee!!!

It looks like we'll be bringing O to the shindig, so hopefully she'll be a good girl so we can have a good time. :)

Candace said...

It was a great party, Heather! You guys know how to do it up :). Thanks for having us and a good time was had by all!