Monday, February 11, 2008

I Can't Believe We Missed the Tater!

So, I have to tell you the crazy, frustrating thing that happened to Brian and I on Saturday.

We bought the tickets 2 months ago. We were going to see Ron White, the comedian from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour (I think he's the funniest because he's the least redneck-y). For those who don't know, he's the rotund middle aged one that smokes a cigar and drinks scotch during his routine. Part of his bit is making a joke about having the alias of "Tater Salad." We were so excited. The show was at Wharton Center at Michigan State, at 10:30 pm, which only meant that Ron would be more liquored up and even dirtier. We even made reservations at Hershey's in East Lansing, which was a restaurant that Brian had always wanted to go to while he was in school, but couldn't afford it.

We left the house at about 7:15 on Saturday, with plenty of time to get where we were going. We had a great dinner, and proceeded over to Wharton. We parked the truck and went inside. All of a sudden we realize that the place was suspiciously empty. Brian tells me to pull out the tickets, which I do. I then realize, with horror, that we are there on the WRONG DAY. The show was the NIGHT BEFORE and we missed it. There are not enough expletives in the English language to express how PO'ed I was. We both had the show on our respective calendars for Saturday the 9th, when it was Friday the 8th, and we have no idea how we made the mistake. And neither of us caught it. Then, to top it all off, we had to drive home from East Lansing in absolute crap weather, all mad at each other, and we missed our Valentine's Day present to each other. Furthermore, we lost out on $90 worth of tickets!

I hope you all have a better Valentine's celebration than we did (although our dinner that night was superb).

2 comments:

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Just think about what a great story you have to tell the the grandchildren. It is a pretty funny story......live and learn, I think we have all made that mistake. Hope your valentines day goes better for you!

April said...

I can't believe you missed TATER!!! And you drove all that way! I feel for you. Hope that Hershey's was good. Never heard of it. Probably cuz I couldn't afford to eat there, either.