Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Where the Hell is Global Warming Now??

I don't have much to write today, being that its Christmas Eve and we'll be heading out soon. I have a ton of stuff I have to do before we make our way, so I just wanted to do a quick check in with my small band of loyal readers. This is pretty much what I have to say:

HOLY SHIT IT'S COLD OUTSIDE! (And as a side note, when will all this snow from hell end? [As a side side note, can snow come from hell?? Isn't that completely counter-intuitive?]). We have about 15 or more inches on the ground right now, and Brian, poor, Brian (who is sick with a cold) is out blowing snow for literally the 10th or so time since last Friday. He's blowing snow almost as much as he's blowing his nose. The company who comes to plow our subdivision blocks the end of our driveway every single time, so we keep having to go back out and dig it out. ARRGGH! But, I almost have some sympathy for the guy at this point, because the snow mounds are so high, there's almost no place to put the crap anymore. Make it stop!

And the cold, oh the cold. As I said above, HOLY SHIT IT'S COLD OUTSIDE! As I said to loyal reader A the other day, I am currently refusing to go outside for fear that I will immediately freeze so cold that scientists will find my body hundreds of years from now, unthaw me, and tell me that civilization as I know it is over. If that happened, my greatest fear would be that the world I would wake up in would be like the movie "Idiocracy." (If you haven't seen it, go ahead, with the warning that its not that great of a movie, but it completely illustrates my fears of what the world is coming to as far as the dumbing down of our society.) Although, if the world doesn't turn into the movie "Idiocracy," maybe the medical community several hundred years from now could tell me what the hell is wrong with my uterus, which would be a bonus.

Anyway, I won't be writing for several days at least. We're heading up to Brian's parents today, staying until tomorrow and coming home tomorrow evening. We'll be home for less than a day probably, and then heading up to my parents' to have Christmas with my family on Saturday, and Brian is going to hunt at my Mom's this weekend. He is very excited.

Have a great Christmas everyone! Be grateful for everything you have! I'm trying to have that as my motto lately, and it helps put things into perspective. :)

No comments: