Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THREE WEEKS!!

I cannot believe that in THREE WEEKS the kids will be home! We leave a week from Saturday and will be home January 26! It is so nutty around here trying to get everything together. Brian's been installing baby gates, I'm getting paperwork together, and I need him to help me organize their room and put a bunch of toys downstairs. Everyone has been so generous with clothes and toys that some of the toys need to be put away and taken out slowly. These kids are NOT used to having an abundance of things and it can really overstimulate them. That's also why we did not decorate the room very much. Decoration can come with time! Also, thanks to Holly and Jill, I have full drawers for Nicholas and TWO sacks of too big clothes in the closet for when he grows! We also have plenty of clothes for her right now, thanks to my lovely aunts Holli and Margaret, and it'll be cheaper and easier buying for one kid on down the line than both of them!

I am SO NERVOUS, but obviously excited too. Hopefully, now that this blog is linked to Facebook, I'll be motivated to post more in the new year. The kids themselves will provide motivation too--everyone wants to see pictures! I can't wait until I can oblige all of your numerous photo requests!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you and Brian! I hope the next few weeks are as peaceful as possible :) Best of luck with those babies! You will be such a great Mom. As for over stimulated kids, Elaine gets to be the same way with too much going on and too many toys, but is much better now. Last year, she got the last of her Christmas presents by the end of February. :) She has pretty much out grown that stage now!

April said...

I am also a fan of hiding toys from birthday/Christmas and pulling them out later. I got lazy this year and didn't get any hidden before she remembered them. Rats!

A very exciting time. Been thinking about you guys a lot lately. Praying for the smoothest transition possible for the kids. That they kind of slowly take it all in more with wonder and curiosity and than with fear. :)