Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Aura-licious!

Today I'm so excited! I got my new car!

As back story, I have been driving a 1999 Saturn SC1 coupe for 5 and a half years. I got it used in the fall of 2002. It is still a perfectly good car, one that I would not get rid of but for two reasons. 1) Being a tiny little coupe, it does not fit the baby seat that we hope to be putting in the back soon. 2) Also being a tiny little coupe, it sits low to the ground, thus making Brian hate getting in and out of it, and generally hate the car all around. So, we have been planning on getting me a new car for awhile, and I decided I wanted a Saturn Aura. I really just wanted a larger sedan, I didn't want an SUV or anything. I don't feel comfortable driving them. (I have never adjusted to driving Brian's Trailblazer.) So, the other weekend, when Brian was gone, I went to the Saturn dealership to look at cars with our friends J & C. We test drove an Outlook that C is interested in. (I must say, that's a nice vehicle too.) And I spoke to the salesman about the Aura.

When Brian returned from his trip, we discussed the car issue again, and decided that because of the great financing they were running, it was time. So, Saturday, we went to the dealership and test drove. Boy, the 3.6 L V6 engine hums. And the features are so nice, XM radio, adjustable pedals, etc. (My coupe does not even have power windows or locks.) I thought I wanted a red car, but the only one they had on the lot had black leather interior, which I HATED. I asked about the possibility of ordering a car with the exterior and interior I wanted, and the salesman told us that he could do that, but by the time the car came, the financing would not be available. Sucky. So, the salesman looked at his inventory, and he had one Saturn Aura XR in Techno Grey exterior, with grey leather interior. I LOVED it. So, today, we went back and drove it off the lot. I am ecstatic.

And to top it off, Brian's sister and her husband might buy my coupe, if they like it. I was prepared to put it up on Auto Trader or something if they don't want it, but on the way home from the dealership I called my mom. She told me that if J & J don't want it, she and my stepdad will buy it for my brother, who is turning 16 in August (HOLY CRAP). So, they might be buying from me the car that they themselves bought for me. Funny.

1 comment:

April said...

AAaahhhhhh!!!

I love cars and new car stories! That's so awesome!

I think it's funny that you hate black leather interior, but love gray leather, which is pretty close. haha.

Anyway, congrats. New cars may be more exciting to me than new babies. LOL.