Tuesday, December 4, 2007

First Post

So, this is my first post. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, create my own blog. I feel as though I have a lot of things to say, but just haven't had an outlet in which to say them. So now I'm going to put my feelings and craziness out there for the whole world to read.

First, I'd like to say that the title of this blog in no way reflects a love for the University of Michigan. I attended Western Michigan University and Valparaiso University, and my husband went to Michigan State, and we are NOT fans of U of M (as it's called here). I'm calling the blog "Michigan Girl" simply because I am a lifelong resident of Michigan (except for the three years I went to law school in Hoosier Land), and, despite my complaints, I love it here. Unlike many who are fleeing our state for economic and weather-related reasons, I have no intention of leaving, even though the economy is so bad here that my occupation is currently that of "domestic engineer." I'm actually a lawyer, but am unemployed at the moment. I'm trying to find something, but am having no luck whatsoever. So, right now, I'm running out my unemployment benefits and trying to figure out what to do with myself. More on that later.

Next, I'd like to give you a little information about myself. I'm 28 years old, short of stature, brown hair, brown eyes and married to an awesome guy named Brian, who is in the computer software arena. He is fantastic. I am the luckiest woman I know, husband-wise. And that means a lot right now, when I'm not exactly feeling that great about myself in some ways. Not only am I out of work, but I'm also kind of chunky right now. I have gained about 20 pounds in the year and a half since we got married. Ugh! So frustrated with myself. As I'm sure I'll talk about later, I have struggled with my weight my entire life, and for awhile, had it under control. Now, I am technically "overweight" again by about 15 pounds (according to the lovely BMI scale). I'm trying really hard, but obviously its much easier to pork out than it is to slim down. We'll discuss that later.

I'm going to sign off for now. I'll write more tomorrow or the next day. Keep in mind this blog will include my thoughts on anything and everything, from my life, to relationships (or as Dane Cook calls them, "relationshits"), to stress, politics, whatever is on my mind at that moment. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

April said...

Aaaggghhhh!!! I'm so glad you're blogging!! This is so exciting! I don't know if this comment will work since I don't have a blogspot account, but I'm going to give it a try...