Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Holidays...I'm Glad it's Over

Wow, Christmas is over. Thank goodness. I like the holidays and all, but it can be so stressful. What gifts to give, dealing with ones I got...ugh. I put numerous things on my Christmas list, and somehow everyone got me the same things. I ended up with 3 waffle makers and 2 deep fryers. Now, I have to deal with taking things back, which is almost as bad as buying. And of course, nobody got gift receipts, so I have no idea how to go about this. I guess I'll have to try to figure out where people got stuff and do the best I can. I appreciate the time and effort everyone put into it, but I'd rather people not spend money on me, particularly those who can't afford to. We are more fortunate than most of our family, and I hate seeing some of Brian's family who barely scrape by purchasing me gifts I don't need. It's a waste.

Other than that, the holidays went well. My grandfather is doing better. The doctors took him off all his medication, and he's a ton more coherent. He's 80 years old, and it was looking like he was on that downward spiral, but it turns out most of his issues were from over-medication. I walked through the door at he and Grandma's house on Sunday, and he looked me straight in the face and said, "Hi kiddo!" It was nice to see him up and around. He's still frail physically, but that's better than what he was. Let's hope it stays that way awhile.

1 comment:

April said...

Three waffle makers?!?? Girl, you need to have a breakfast party! LOL.

I was very lucky and didn't get any doubles this year. Our families usually coordinate in some way.

Last year though JB and I got "The Office, Season 1" for each other. haha.