Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Let it Snow!!

Wow, it's been a week since I posted. First, I'd like to thank my friend A, who's been reading my blog (she and Brian are the only ones who actually know about it). She makes very nice comments, which are appreciated! Second, what a week its been! We got the snowstorm of the decade here Saturday night into Sunday. A good 9 inches of snow, which I guess this area hadn't seen in awhile. It was nice and very pretty. And it actually worked out okay, seeing as it fell Saturday night into Sunday, so we were able to clean up pretty well. But all the schools cancelled Monday anyway, so my friend C, who is a speech pathologist with a local school district, got the day off! And I know for a fact that she really wanted that day off, as she and her husband had moved into a new house on Saturday before the snow fell. I actually spent all day Friday helping her husband move boxes while simultaneously coming down with a cold. The cold has mostly passed, thank goodness. But I feel terrible about their move, as we recommended friends of ours as movers, and a very important piece of J & C's furniture ended up getting broken. But, it appears it was not entirely our friends' fault, as this particular piece had a marble top that split where it had previously been glued because it was so wrechedly cold that day. C called me on Saturday, absolutely hysterical about her dresser. I felt very bad, as did Brian. But things have calmed down, and it seems like the dresser can be repaired. Thank goodness.

Other than that, I have finally finished Christmas shopping and wrapping. We have both families to see this Christmas. Sunday, we're going to my hometown to have my family Christmas, and spending the night with my folks. Christmas Eve, we'll head to Brian's parents for the evening, where Brian and his brother R always make homemade pizzas for dinner. We'll spend Christmas there. Then, Christmas morning, Brian and R always make breakfast for the whole fam-damily. Then presents, Christmas dinner, and we get to come home! I like Christmas, but it's stressful at times. It's very hard to make sure you see everybody's family. Luckily for us, its worked out well every year we've been together, there have been no real conflicts. I don't know what we'll do when that isn't the case!

1 comment:

April said...

I know how you feel about Christmas being tiring! It's fun to visit family, but there is no down time. Argh!